Rockport to hold special meeting March 14, address timing of library bid circulation
ROCKPORT — The Rockport Select Board will be holding a special meeting on Thursday evening March 14, at 7 p.m., in the Geoffrey C. Parker Meeting Room at the Rockport Opera House. The meeting will be live streamed.
The purpose of the meeting is to consider the timing of sending the Rockport Public Library project out to bid given the desire by some community members to develop an alternate parking plan for the project. Public comment will be accepted at the meeting.
Discussion of the pros and cons of individual parking plans will not occur at this meeting, but will occur at a later meeting with public comment accepted at that time. A meeting for March 25 has been scheduled for this topic, but it is possible that an additional meeting could occur prior to that date.
- PUBLIC MEETING -
Rockport Select Board
Thursday, March 14, 2019 – 7:00 p.m. -
GCPR Streamed at https://livestream.com/Rockportmaine
I. Call Meeting to Order
Please either turn off your cell phones and other electronic devices or set them to mute while in this meeting room or the hallways. If you need to take or make a phone call, please step outdoors.
The purpose of this meeting is to consider the timing of sending the Rockport Public Library project out to bid given the desire by some community members to develop an alternate parking plan for the project. Discussion of the pros and cons of the various parking plans will occur at a later meeting.
- Current project status
- Present status of the bid development process
- Current site plan, including road/intersection plans and parking
- Timeline for the project
- Site plan requirements for the bid package
- Types of alternate parking plans
- Possible bid timing strategies and impacts on project
- Public Comment
- In order to allow all who wish to speak a chance, public comment will be limited to two minutes per person, and nobody will be allowed to speak a second time until all who wish to make a comment have had a chance. Please keep in mind that tonight’s meeting is primarily to make a decision about the timing of putting the project out to bid, and consider restricting your comments to this topic. As noted at the outset, the merits of possible alternate parking plans will be discussed at a later meeting, and public comment will be accepted at that time.
- Select Board Discussion