ROCKLAND — The Knox County Commissioners will convene Tuesday, Sept. 14, at 2 p.m. to address a full agenda, which includes consideration of municipal applications for the county’s $7.5 million share of federal funding through the American Rescue Plan Act.
More than $261 million in ARPA was distributed to Maine counties, with $7.7 million dedicated to Knox County.
Now, towns and nonprofits are requesting a share of that money from the counties, and Knox County has received many applications.
The Rockport Select Board, for instance, approved Aug. 30 an ARPA application requesting $750,000 from the Knox County Commissioners for the Rockport Broadband Pathway Project. The money would represent a 25-percent “seed money” contribution towards the $3 million build cost of Phase 1 of the project which aims to provide citizens of Knox county with high speed, fiber optic internet.
Also on the Sept. 14 agenda is a letter from South Thomaston concerning a future meeting to discuss regionalization of Fire and EMS.
Knox County Commissioners are:
Dorothy Meriwether, District #1
Richard L. Parent, Jr., District #2
Sharyn L. Pohlman, District #3
The meeting begins at 2 p.m., and will be held online: https://townhallstreams.com/stream.php?location_id=50&id=39877
The agenda follows:
Meeting Called to Order Presentation
1. Presentation of the Knox County Audit for the Year Ending December 31, 2020.
Public Comment - Public Comment during other portions of the meeting will only be granted by permission of the Chair.
- Act to Approve and Authorize the Chair to Execute the Consent and Assignment to Transfer Hangar #15 Lease from Cameron Lewis to Willard Hardy Jr. and Approve and Authorize the Chair to Execute the Request for Lease Assignment.
- Act on Knox County Communications Association (KCCA) Retention Bonus to be Funded Through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funds.
- Act to Approve Revised Job Descriptions
- Communications Director
- Dispatch Supervisor
- Information Technology Director
- Technical Support Specialist
- Act on Amendment to the Position Classification & Salary Administration Policy.
- Letter from the Town of South Thomaston – Knox County to Lead and facilitate Regionalization of Fire and EMS and Host a Meeting to Invite Interested Towns to Discuss This Matter.
- ARPA Funding Request Applications and Next Steps
- Update on the KCPSB Floor Repair Project.
- Updates on the Airport HVAC Project.
- Update on the Correctional Facility HVAC Project.
1. Convene in Executive Session to discuss a Personnel Matter pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. §405(6)(A).
Approve Consent Items as Presented:
- Agenda – Non-Agenda Items Only Permitted if Emergency in Nature.
- Minutes of Special Commission Meeting of August 4, 2021.
- Minutes of Regular Commission Meeting of August 10, 2021.
- Minutes of Special Commission Meeting of September 1, 2021.
- Monthly Written Departmental Reports.
- Reserve Withdrawals.
- Action Items:
- 1. Act on Knox County Retention Bonus to be Funded Through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA Funds.