HOPE — The school committee agenda for the next Hope Elementary School committee meeting is set.
The meeting will be held Monday, Sept. 12 at 6 p.m.
Participants can attend in-person or join via livestream: https://networkmaine.zoom.us/j/89636617930
1. Call to order
2. Public Comment
3. Adjustments to the agenda
4. Signing of the Warrants
5. Review of Financial Report
6. Accept the minutes of the August 15 regular school community meeting minutes
7. Reschedule January 9 due to conflict with LCS school committee meeting
9. School Committee Goals
a. 2021-2022 Goals (as a reminder): improving communication as well as family and community involvement in school board meetings
Get links on the town website
Research ways to increase access to school board meetings
Ensure that the Board is seeking opportunities to better understand equity, diversity and inclusion at HES.
b. Cultural Competency Institute updates from Ms. Fagonde and Kate Clark
c. Update on staff training on LGBTQ from Out Maine
d. Facilities and capital improvements
i. Examine and plan for diverse needs for space
ii. plan and budget for multi year facility improvements
e. Researching ways to maintain a healthy indoor environment for learning
f. Collect empirical data on indoor environmental factors
g. Have the facilities subcommittee look at a protocol and possible ways of measuring environmental factors.
10. Vote: Appoint school physician and attendance coordinator for 2022-2023 school year
11. Superintendent’s Report
12. Principal’s Report
a. Facilities update
13. Items for the Next Agenda. Date: October 17