Agenda set for Hope school committee meeting Nov. 16
HOPE — The school committee agenda for the next Hope Elementary School committee meeting is set.
The meeting will be held Tuesday, Nov. 16 at 6 p.m.
Participants can join in-person while adhering to a mask requirement or via livestream: https://networkmaine.zoom.us/j/87658918996
1. Call to order
2. Public Comment
3. Adjustments to the agenda
4. Signing of the Warrants
5. Accept the minutes of the October 12 regular meeting minutes, the October 19 special school committee meeting minutes and the November 4 Emergency Meeting minutes.
6. Vote to approve change in calendar due to Juneteenth Holiday observation on June 20.
7. Vote to approve the emergency management plan update.
8. Resignation/Nominations - none
9. Superintendent’s Report
10. Principal’s Report
a. COVID/Safety Team Update
11. Review and Finalize School Committee Goals
a. improving communication as well as family and community involvement in school board meetings.
i. Get links on the town website
ii. Research ways to increase access to school board meetings
b. Ensure that the Board is seeking opportunities to better understand equity, diversity and inclusion at HES.
i. Cultural Competency Institute updates from Ms. Fagonde and Kate Clark
ii. Update on staff training on LGBTQ from Out Maine
c. Facilities and capital improvements
I. Examine and plan for diverse needs for space
ii. plan and budget for multi year facility improvements
d. Researching ways to maintain a healthy indoor environment for learning
i. Collect empirical data on indoor environmental factors
ii. Have the facilities subcommittee look at a protocol and possible ways of measuring environmental factors.
12. Items for the Next Agenda. Date: Tuesday, December 21