OWLS HEAD — “They did everything right,” said Owls Head Asst. Chief John Gamage.
On Tuesday, June 28, 2022, a grill caught fire on the deck of a Woods Road residence. When the family checked the grill, they found the flames and called 911.
At approximately 6:30 p.m., fire personnel from Owls Head, Thomaston, South Thomaston, Rockland, Warren, and St. George were alerted to a report of smoke coming from 43 Woods Road. By the time most had arrived, the flames had been reduced to smoke, yet exterior damage was visible in terms of charred siding, prompting firefighters to search for any possibility of hidden sparks.
Warren FD was cancelled while still en route to the scene, and one firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
The last remaining units left the scene at approximately 8 p.m.
Reach Sarah Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org