STOCKTON SPRINGS — The Stockton Springs Town Office will be closed Monday, January 4 in observance of New Year’s Day and Monday, January 18 in observance of Martin Luther King Day, according to the Town’s January newsletter.
Read below for more Town news from the newsletter:
- Happy New Year! Cheers to health, happiness, and prosperity in 2021!
- The town office is still open as walk-up window service at this time. Please remember to dress warm and expect to wait a little bit for your transactions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Keep in mind, many of the transactions can be completed online.
- If you have not registered your dog with the town please do so before the end of the month to avoid the $25 late fee.
- 2021 Hunting & Fishing licenses are now available.
- 2021 Boat Registrations are now available.
- We are still taking donations for our “Keep the Heat On” fund.
- ‘Tis the season for winter weather! Here are some tips that can help to make a winter storm event easier on both yourself and on the Public Works crew:
Make sure your vehicle is ready for winter driving conditions.
Watch for black ice, especially on bridges and overpasses (always take caution when traveling these areas).
Reduce speed (even 4WD’s have difficulty stopping on ice).
Please remember to leave adequate distance (at least 200 feet) whenever following a piece of snow removal equipment.
Please be patient. The town has many miles of roadway to clear. Snow removal is a difficult and time-consuming job. Our Public Works Department always strives to accomplish this task in a safe and timely manner.
As always please keep an eye out on the website and/or Facebook page for updates on what is happening in Town!
Stay safe and healthy!