ROCKPORT — The Town of Rockport has outlined the initial phase of its reopening plans.
The Rockport Town Office will be re-opening to customers Monday May 18 at 8 a.m. and will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The front counter will be open for all transactions. Residents also may speak with the code enforcement officer and apply for and receive permits while practicing social distancing.
Various forms will continue to be available in the vestibule of the Town Office.
Customers can still perform many transactions online, by mail, email and by utilizing the drop box at the Town Office. Please call the Town Office at 236-9648 with any questions.
The following measures will be in place to protect the health and safety of customers and staff:
• Three (3) customers will be allowed in the lobby at one time
• Customers entering the building are required to wear face coverings over nose and mouth
• Customers must follow directional signs inside the lobby
• Customers must practice social distancing when waiting in line outside of the Town Office
• No customers can wait in the vestibule to allow space for exiting customers
• One customer per transaction, unless two are required for signatures
• Pens will be placed in a “used” container to be cleaned/disinfected before reuse
The waiver of interest on personal property and real estate taxes has been extended for 30 days until June 16.
Rockport Harbor is open with some restrictions:
• The Public Restrooms will remain closed
• No customers allowed in the Harbormaster’s Office. Customers needing to speak with the Harbormaster must call the office number or knock on the door
• Retail offerings will not be available to limit the interaction between staff and the public
• Visitors to the Harbor must practice social distancing
• Visitors are encouraged to wear face coverings
The Rockport Public Library will remain closed to patrons. Staff are developing a plan for curbside service and when patrons will be welcomed back inside. More details next week.