Camden Hills athletic director Jeff Hart shared the following two letters Sunday, Sept. 13 and Monday, Sept. 14:
Fall Sports Update:
If you are interested in playing a Fall Sport, you must be signed up online. If you come to a practice, and you have not signed up, you will not be allowed to participate until all forms have been received.
Remember that the locker rooms are not available for use this fall.
First practices have been adjusted to the following:
Golf - Monday, September 14th from 4:30-7:00 at the Samoset Resort. Make sure you bring your own clubs, water bottle (with your name on it), and mask. Contact Coach Wallace with any sport specific questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is more information from Coach Wallace:
You should all plan on being at the Samoset no later than 4:30 (but not significantly earlier). We will start by getting together for a quick discussion about the expectations of the week, and some additional thoughts on being together during these challenging times. Please heed to following:
1. You should have you paperwork completed and submitted to the school. It is available online through the athletics tab on the High School website.
2. Wear appropriate attire to the Samoset. Collared shirt, pocketed shorts or pants and a face covering. (You should not arrive in denim, t-shirts, athletic shorts, backwards hat, etc.)
3. Please have your equipment such as appropriate shoes, golf clubs, golf balls, etc (I will eventually be able to provide balls for practice if you need them).
4. You will be playing that day. You should be able to successfully complete 9 holes of golf in the appropriate time. This means being able to keep the appropriate pace with your group (which can be accomplished at nearly every skill level). I will clarify those expectations on the first day.
5. Expect to finish between 6:45 and 7:15. It will be cool and most likely dusky when we wrap up all the groups.
I will be walking the course each of the try-out days. My goal is to identify not only current skill levels but behavioral elements as well. I am looking for players that want to improve their skill, be competitive, be a team player and are willing to adhere to certain behavioral expectations of a golfer.
There is a Camden Hills Facebook page as well. Please join that group as I will be posting updates as we get closer to the season. It will also be the primary source of information once we get rolling.
See you Soon!!
Cross Country - Monday, September 14th from 3:15-5:15 at the Crockett Trail sign near the track at Camden Hills Regional High School. Bring your own water bottle (with your name on it), running gear, and mask. Contact Coach Bonzi with any sport specific questions. email@example.com
All other Fall Sports - will not practice on Monday. Stay tuned tomorrow for an update on those sports. In all likelihood, they will start on Tuesday.
Thank-you all for your patience.
Football, Soccer, Field Hockey, and Mountain Biking will start tomorrow - Tuesday, September 15th.
Here is some information for each of those sports:
Field Hockey - Coach Lindsey Clement:
Stick, shinguards, mouthguard, mask, filled water bottles, sneakers, & cleats.
Football- Coach Chris Christie:
We will practice as planned. Tomorrow from 4 to 6 at the lower practice field...no equipment.
Boys Soccer - Coach Ryan Hurley:
3:45-5:15 - bring 2 masks, water bottle with name on it, required forms. JV soccer field/baseball field area. Review protocols for practice on the TeamReach app. Sign up for TeamReach app:
Ryan Hurley wants you to join the group, Camden Hills Boys Soccer 2020 in TeamReach app.
Install :TeamReach (http://www.teamreach.com/)
Enter code: Jammerbsoccer2020
Girls Soccer - Coach Meredith Messer:
3:15-4:45 on the Don Palmer Field
Mountain Bike - Coach Cy Scofield:
Email is firstname.lastname@example.org for practice information