ROCKPORT — The agenda for the Five Town CSD school board meeting Wednesday, Nov. 3 has been set.
The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. in the CRMS Bisbee Theater.
Livestream available at: https://youtu.be/Qg8l3VP150A
1. Call to Order
2. Adjustments to the Agenda
3. Public Comment on Items not on the Agenda
a. Approval of the October 6, 2021 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
5. Nominations (Note: Executive Sessions Possible for Nominations)
a. George Bickham, Sophomore Student School Board Representative
6. Notification of Resignations
a. Graham Bode, CHRHS Assistant Principal, January 1, 2022
7. Introduction of New Director of Facilities and Transportation, Christopher Fanelli
8. Data Reports, 2020-21 – Deb McIntyre
b. State Testing
9. Solar Farm Update – Maria Libby
10. MSMA Attendee Report
11. Abridged MSMA Presentation – Maria Libby
a. The Time is Now: Affordable Clean Energy for Every School
12. Equity Audit Update –Deb McIntyre
13. Board Chair’s Report – Becky Flanagan
a. Winter Board Retreat 1/25/22 (?)
14. Superintendent’s Report – Maria Libby
a. Indoor Sports
15. Student Representatives’ Report
16. Administrative Reports
a. Deb McIntyre, Assistant Superintendent
b. Shawn Carlson, CHRHS Principal
c. Valerie Mattes, Director of Student Special Services
17. Standing Committee Reports
a. Finance – Met October 6, 2021, minutes attached.
i. Finance Update – Finance Committee Chair
ii. 2022-23 Status Quo Budget and Target
b. Joint Policy – Met October 18. Next meeting December 13.
ACAF – Workplace Bullying
GBO – Family Care Leave
GBO-R – Maine Family Medical Leave Administrative Procedure
IHBAC – Child Find
IHBAL – Grievance Procedures for Persons with Disabilities
JKAA – Use of Physical Restraint and Seclusion
JKAA-R – Procedures on Physical Restraint and Seclusion
KDA – Public Information Program
Reviewed with no or minor revisions
BEDH – Public Participation Board Meetings
IJNDB – Student Computing Device and Internet Use
IJNDB-R – Student Computing Device and Internet Use Rules
JE – Activities on Days When School is Cancelled
JFABE – Use of Public School Services and Facilities by Resident Private School Students
JFABE-E – Resident Private School Participation Form
c. Joint Personnel – Met October 12, minutes attached.
Revised Job Description
Director of Facilities and Transportation
Rescinded Job Description
Director of Support Operations
d. Joint Curriculum – Met October 4, 2021, minutes attached. Next meeting November 22, 2021.
• Howl’s Moving Castle, by Dianna Wynne Jones, Course: English I CP or English II CP, Teacher Requesting: Trevor Paul - Cost $10/text
• Refugee, by Alan Gratz, Course: English I (9th Grade College Prep), Teacher Requesting: Patti Forster - Cost $7.50/text
• They Called US Enemy, by George Takei, Course: American Literature, Teacher Requesting: Todd Williams- Cost $18.00 paperback ($22 hardcover)/text
• Be Strong, Be Wise, Health Program
18. Ad Hoc Committee Reports
a. Joint Communications – Met October 19, 2021, minutes attached. Next Meeting November 16, 2021.
b. Facilities – Has not met.
19. Board Advisory Committee Reports
a. MCST – Marcus Mrowka
20. School Advisory Committee Reports
a. DEI Task Force – Met October 25, 2021, minutes attached. Next meeting November 29, 2021.
21. Future Agenda Items
22. Possible Approval of Sabbatical Leave for the Superintendent, July 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
23. Executive Session to Discuss a Personnel Matter – 1 M.R.S. §405(6)(A)