APPLETON — The school committee for the Appleton Village School will hold its next committee meeting Monday, Oct. 24 and the agenda for the meeting has been set.
The meeting will be at 5 p.m. at the school on Union Road.
1. Call to order
2. Public Comment
3. Adjustments to the agenda
4. Signing of the Warrants
5. Vote to accept the minutes of the August 22 regular school committee meeting minutes and September 19 regular meeting minutes
6. Meet new staff members: Char Chasse, Special Education; David Kelley, Social Work and Pam Morse, PreK
7. Vote to approve the updated SY ‘22-’23 Emergency Management Plan
9. Sub pay discussion
10. Finalize School Committee Goals
a. The board will promote regular and open communication and explore a variety of means to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders.
a. Annual report/pamphlet sent out to households
b. Budget pamphlet to go home before the town meeting
c. Family survey from the Board
d. Continue monthly blurb in the school’s newsletter
b. The board will support the health and safety of students and staff through a continual focus on strategies that promote a positive, safe and supportive school environment as well as a focus on facilities and operations.
a. Continue facilities committee meetings and updates provided by the Principal.
b. Presentations to the board on health, safety, social/emotional learning, Kieve support and student supports (SAT team, special education)
c. Have new staff members come to the board meetings to meet the Board.
11. Superintendent’s Report
12. Principal’s Report
a. Mixed grade classroom: 1 & 2
13. Items for the Next Agenda. Date: November 28
14. An executive session is requested pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. section 405 for the purpose of reviewing the Superintendent’s Goals and Self-Evaluation.
UPDATED: Route 1 Warren traffic back...
Waldo County grand jury indictments
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office:...
Probation revocation arrest warrant...
Waldo County grand jury indicts...
UPDATE: Montville man escapes police...
Boothbay Harbor lobster boat parade...
Knox County Criminal Docket closed...
Waldo County divorces
UPDATE Maine Marine Patrol identifies...