Maine Dept. of Labor announces its upcoming no-cost trainings for September 2023 safety classes.
- 10-Hour Construction Standards: September 7, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and September 8, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the SafetyWorks! Training Institute, 45 Commerce Drive, Augusta
- This one-and-a-half-day course offers basic information on a variety of construction industry safety/health standards (29 CFR 1926). Attendees who complete the course will receive an OSHA 10-hour course completion certificate.
- Work Zone Safety: September 11, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the SafetyWorks! Training Institute, 45 Commerce Drive, Augusta
- Private companies and public agencies that work on public roads must follow the traffic control standards of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). This hands-on, half-day workshop covers the MUTCD standards and use of cones, signs, flags, and paddles.
- How to Conduct a Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Assessment: September 12, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Presque Isle CareerCenter, 66 Spruce Street, Suite 1, Presque Isle
- This half-day course is designed to assist you in developing a PPE assessment 1910.132(d). Employers must conduct a hazard assessment prior to requiring employees to use PPE. The assessment provides information needed to select the appropriate PPE for the hazards at the workplace. Learn how to conduct a hazard assessment in this hands-on class.
- Lockout/Tagout - Control of Hazardous Energy: September 15, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the SafetyWorks! Training Institute, 45 Commerce Drive, Augusta
- This half-day training session covers the OSHA requirements and procedures to be used in the Lockout/Tagout process to ensure safety during the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitoring and Evaluating for Air and Noise Hazards: September 19, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. -4 p.m., at the SafetyWorks! Training Institute, 45 Commerce Drive, Augusta
- If you are new to industrial hygiene, this beginner course explains the terminology, explores the equipment, and dives into the standards to ensure the health of your employees.
- Wage and Hour Compliance Assistance: September 20, 2023 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Rockland CareerCenter, 91 Camden Street, Suite 201, Rockland
- This course is designed for human resource or benefits professionals, accountants, business owners, managers, or payroll supervisors. Labor laws can be complex. This seminar covers wage and hour laws, including minimum wage, overtime, youth employment, severance pay, equal pay, rest breaks, leave requirements (earned paid leave, family medical leave, family sick leave and leave for victims of violence). This class addresses commonly asked labor-related questions.
Register and browse more SafetyWorks! classes: https://www.safetyworksmaine.gov/training/scheduled_classes/register.shtml
If you have questions about safety or upcoming classes, reach out to SafetyWorks! at 1-877-SAFE-345 or email@example.com.