Knox County Commissioners to review letter to municipalities at Tuesday meeting
ROCKLAND — The three Knox County Commissioners are to convene Tuesday, November 9, in the County Administrative Offices at the county courthouse for a day, and evening’s worth of business. At the top of the list: 1) a proposed “open letter from the Commissioners to the Municipalities of Knox County regarding ARPA” and later, discussions concerning the proposed budget with the county’s Budget Committee.
The proposed 2022 budget represents a 9.76 percent increase over the 2021 budget, with the major increases associated with the Registry of Deeds, Administration and Information Technology, Court House repairs and improvements, two new Corrections office positions and other associated jail and Sheriff’s Office costs.
At 2 p.m., the Commissioners will convene to address a full agenda, which follows. At 5 p.m., the Commissioners and the Budget Committee, which consists of nine members elected from eight districts within the county. Each member serves a four-year term.
The Budget Committee is tasked with either approving the budget along with the County Commission, or making changes to the budget proposal, according to the county’s website. The Budget Committee may only make changes to the proposed budget if there is a recorded explanation for suggested changes. The Budget Committee may wait until after the public hearing to take a final vote on the budget.
Meeting Called to Order
Open Letter From the Commissioners to the Municipalities of Knox County Regarding ARPA
Public Comment - Public Comment during other portions of the meeting will only be granted by permission of the Chair.
Approve Consent Items as Presented:
Agenda – Non-Agenda Items Only Permitted if Emergency in Nature.
Minutes of Special Commission Meeting of October 15, 2021.
Minutes of Special Commission Meeting of October 27, 2021
Minutes of Special Commission Meeting of November 3, 2021.
Monthly Written Departmental Reports.
- Act to Award Bid to Sell a 2009 Chevy 3500 HD 1-Ton Truck With Dump Body, Spreader, and Plow Located at the Knox County Regional Airport.
- Act to Approve and Authorize the Chair to Execute the Consent and Assignment to Transfer Hangar # 55 Lease from Stanley Jobe to KRKD Jobe Hangar LLC and Approve and Authorize the Chair to Execute the Request for Lease Assignment.
- Act to Approve and Authorize the Chair to Sign and Execute a New Hangar Lease at the Knox County Airport for Jim Jeans.
- Act to Name the Terminal Hangar Currently Under Construction, the “Kevin P. Waters Memorial Flight Center” to Honor the Late Kevin Waters and His Contribution to the Knox County Community.
- Act to Award the Bid for the Knox County Correctional Facility & Knox County Public Safety Building Paving Project.
- Act to Approve and Sign the 2021 Maine County Emergency Management Mutual Aid Agreement.
- Act to Approve the Knox County GIS Program GIS Policy.
- Act to Approve and Fund the Knox County Fire & EMS Service Assessment Collaborative Study.
- Act on Appointment to the Knox Regional Communications Center (KRCC) Executive Board to Fill a
- Vacancy for One of the Police Representatives From a Jurisdiction Served by the KRCC.
- Act to Approve Reappointments to the Knox County Board of Assessment Review.
- Act to Appoint a Commissioner to Serve as a Director on the Board of the Maine County Commissioners(MCCA) Self-Funded Risk Management Pool for 2022.
- Association (MCCA), and as a Director on the Board of the Maine County Commissioners Association
- Act on Recommendation Not to Reapportion the Knox County Budget Committee Districts Based Upon the
- Re-Districting Exercise and Population Numbers.
- Update on the KCPSB Floor Repair Project.
- Updates on the Airport HVAC Project.
- Reserve Withdrawals.
3. Update on the Correctional Facility HVAC Project.
VII. 2:55 Other Business
The meeting of the Commissioners and the Budget Committee agenda follows:
Tuesday – November 9, 2021 – 5:00 p.m.
1. Emergency Management Agency
3. Building Maintenance - Courthouse
4. Building Maintenance - KCPSB
Meeting Called To Order (Chair Shawn Levasseur for the Knox County Budget Committee, Commission Chair Richard Parent for the Knox County Commission)
Approve Minutes (Chair Shawn Levasseur for the Knox County Budget Committee, Commission Chair Richard Parent for the Knox County Commission)
1. Minutes of the Joint Budget Meeting of November 4, 2021.
(Pgs. 17-18) (Pgs. 32-35) (Pgs. 10-11) (Pg. 12) (Pgs. 19-20)
Lobster Lady celebrates 103rd...
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office: Five...
Luxurious new spa, Giselaine’s Spa,...
Owls Head FD sees three single-...
Graduation week for Camden Hills...
Waldo County Sheriff’s beat
Scenes from The Rockport Donut...
Arrest warrants lead to barricades,...
Lucy E. Goulet, service
Gorden E. Simmons, Sr., obituary