CAMDEN — Camden Police will resume enforcement of the two-hour parking limit in the downtown business area on Monday, June 14. Parking will be enforced Monday-Saturday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Police said that anyone needing all day parking should use these areas:
• Knox Mill parking lot: located between Knowlton Street and Washington Street behind the Knox Mill.
• Washington Street parking lot: located on Washington Street next to the Public Safety Building.
• Camden Library parking lot: located next the Library Amphitheatre on Atlantic Ave. This lot is primarily for library visitors and is closed from 11p.m. to 6 a.m.
Two-hour parking areas:
• On street parking: unless posted otherwise, parking throughout the downtown is two-hour parking.
• Public Landing parking lot at the harbor and the Mechanic Street parking lots.
Fines for parking violations:
Exceeding the time limit: $10 for a first offense
Parking too close to a fire hydrant: $30
Parking on a sidewalk : $30
Parking in “no parking” areas: $30
Parking in “permit only” spaces: $30
Parking left wheel to the curb: $30
Parking in handicapped spaces without a permit: $200 fine
If you have any questions regarding parking enforcement, please contact Camden Police at 236-3030.