Agenda set for RSU 13 board meeting June 2
ROCKLAND — The agenda for the next Regional School Unit 13 school board meeting has been set.
The meeting will be held Thursday, June 2 at 6:30 p.m. at the South School. A reception for retirees will be held at 6 p.m.
Meetings can be viewed on Vimeo and YouTube.
1. Call to Order and Declaration of a Quorum
2. Pledge of Allegiance
A. Paris Trip – Rachel Brimer
B. After School and Summer Programs – Sarah Rogers and Laura LaPointe
4. Adjustments to the Agenda
5. Public Participation: Citizens are welcome to speak to educational matters before the Board
6. Consent Agenda
A. To acknowledge the retirement of Donna Tochterman, Grade 3 Teacher, South School, effective August 31
B. Approval of the minutes of the meetings of May 3 and May 5
A. Report of the Superintendent
B. Report of the Business Manager
C. Report of the Board Chair
8. Business Items
A. To approve an April 2023 trip to France
B. To acknowledge the resignation of Jacalyn Williams, Special Education Teacher, effective August 31
C. To acknowledge the appointment of:
1) Michael Reeves, District Social Worker, beginning August 31
2) Emily Jolliffe, Grade 1 Teacher, South School, beginning August 31
3) Sienna Barstow, Grade 7 ELA Teacher, Oceanside Middle School, beginning August 31
4) Jeffrey Hawes, Special Education Social Worker, Oceanside Middle School, beginning August 31
5) Tabitha Varney, Speech Language Provider, South School, beginning August 31
6) Jacob Collins, Social Studies Teacher, Oceanside Middle School, beginning August 31
D. To undertake a first reading, as amended, of Policy BE – School Board Operations
E. To undertake a second reading, as amended, of Policy JIC – Student Code of Conduct
F. To authorize the Superintendent to hire and issue contracts during the summer
G. To authorize Issuance of a Tax and Revenue Anticipation Note for Fiscal Year 2022-2023
H. To hire a consultant to assess district-wide staffing needs and deliver a report by December 2022
10. Committee Reports and Upcoming Meetings
A. Curriculum & Technology
B. Student Engagement Task Force
C. Finance & Facilities
D. Policy & Communications
11. Workshop Planning
12. Executive Session
A. To enter Executive Session to discuss negotiations pursuant to 1 MRSA § 405(6)(D)
Lobster Lady celebrates 103rd...
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office: Five...
Luxurious new spa, Giselaine’s Spa,...
Owls Head FD sees three single-...
Graduation week for Camden Hills...
Waldo County Sheriff’s beat
Scenes from The Rockport Donut...
Arrest warrants lead to barricades,...
Lucy E. Goulet, service
Gorden E. Simmons, Sr., obituary