LINCOLNVILLE — The agenda has been set for the next Lincolnville Central School committee meeting Monday, August 1.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. at the school.
A livestream option via Zoom will be available: https://networkmaine.zoom.us/j/84144672283
1. Call to order
2. Public Comment
3. Adjustments to the Agenda
4. Signing of the Warrants
5. Vote to accept the minutes of the May 2 and June 6 regular school committee meeting.
6. Introduction of new School Committee member: Emily Berry
Reorganization of school committee officers
d. Finance subcommittee
e. Policy subcommittee
7. Discussion: School Committee Goals
a. SY 21-22 Goals: Clear and effective communication, which would include specific touchstones throughout the year to measure the goals
b. Increase opportunities for community members to see and participate in School Committee meetings by providing online access to school board meetings and post recordings on YouTube channel.
c. Set up Board “office hours” during the week preceding the School Board meeting, where no more than two Board members make themselves available to families in person.
d. Publish, in the school newsletter, a communication from the Board on a regular basis and relevant links.
e. Add a standing item on the Board agenda for students and staff to present to the Board to share student work or initiatives that are happening at the school.
f. Gather information about Gifted and Talented, Special Education, RTI and Intervention programs through presentations from school and district staff and through data presentations.
9. Second reading and vote to adopt policy KHC: Dissemination of Information.
10. Discussion: Elimination of Dress Code Policy as recommended by the Policy Subcommittee, dress codes are updated every year by each school in the handbook and then approved by the school committees.
11. Vote: Revised Health and Safety Plan
12. Vote: Revised SY ‘22-’23 school handbook
13. Superintendent’s Report
14. Principal’s Report
a. RULER Social/Emotional Learning Program update
15. Discussion: SY 22-23 meeting dates and potential dates for MSBA/MSMA school committee annual training.
16. Items for the next meeting: Monday, September 12