Reasons not to destroy Montgomery Dam and Harbor Park.
• If Camden voters approve the distruction of Montgomery Dam and part of Harbor Park this historic treasure will be gone forever.
• Montgomery Dam and Harbor Park have a direct positive impact on the economy of Camden.
• The Town of Camden has spent more money in two years researching the removal of Montgomery Dam compared to what they’ve spent in 30 years maintaining and preserving Montgomery Dam.
• Montgomery Dam does not have an impact on town flooding.
• With the Camden Select Board‘s proposed changes to Montgomery Dam and Harbor Park, the river can never be restored back to its natural state. It will always remain man-made.
• With Montgomery Dan gone the river through Camden would be reduced to a trickle. There would be no waterfall!
- To follow this issue or for more information, find us on savethedamfalls on Facebook and come to a meeting.
Lee Montgomery and Holly Rutland live in Lincolnville