Agenda set for RSU 20 board meeting May 10
SEARSPORT — The agenda for the next Regional School Unit 20 school board meeting has been set.
The meeting will be held Tuesday, May 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the SDMHS cafetorium.
Livestreaming will be available.
1. CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
2. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
3. ACTION: TO ACCEPT THE BOARD MEETING AGENDA
5. CONSIDERATION OF MINUTES
A. Regular Board Meeting Minutes of April 26, 2022
6. CONSENT AGENDA (Minutes)
7. PRESENTATIONS: Joshua Toothaker, SDMHS Principal, RREV Grant
8. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
9. REPORT FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT
A. Updated FY23 Budget Prep Timeline – Budget Referendum (voting day) changed from June 7 to June 14, 2022, Finance Committee Meeting and Board of Directors Meeting changed from June 8 to June 15, 2022.
10. COMMITTEE REPORT
A. Finance Committee
11. OLD BUSINESS
A. Consideration of approval for RSU 20 to enter into RREV Contract with the State
12. NEW BUSINESS
A. Teachers to be offered a Continuing Contract:
1. Alison Bangerter, ELA Teacher (SDMS), – Step M-8
2. Jesse Gorden, SPED Teacher (SDHS), Step B-6
3. Melissa Hebert, Grade 4 Teacher (SES), Step B-4
4. Pam Lane, SPED Teacher K-3 (SES), Step B-10
5. Lora Lindyberg, Math Teacher (SDHS), Step M-16+
6. Laura Lyons, Half-Time Art Teacher (SES), Step B-5
7. Christin Obrey, SPED Teacher RISE (SDMS), Step B-4
8. Lynn Redman, Technology Integrator (SES), Step M-16+
9. Rachel Valaitis, SPED Teacher, Life Skills (SDHS), Step B-3
B. Teachers to be offered a Second Year Probationary Contract:
1. Margaret Allen, SPED Teacher PRAISE (SES), Step B-6
2. Lisa Anderson, .5 FTE PE Teacher Gr K-5, .5 FTE Health Teacher Gr K-8 (SES & SDMS), M Step 16+
3. Tabitha Bishop, Grade 3 Teacher (SES), Step B-2
4. Norman Brimer, Science Teacher (SDHS), Step B-2
5. Vicki Davis, Grade 7 & 8 Math Teacher (SDMS), Step M-12
6. Cathy Estabrook, Grade 2 Teacher (SES), Step B-16+
7. Craig Jacques, Grade 3 Teacher (SES), Step B-15
8. Colette Jadis, V-ALT Teacher (SDHS), Step B-14
9. Amber Krumbholz, Guidance (SDMS), Step M-10
10. Norma Krumbholz, World Language Teacher (SDMHS), Step B-2
11. Kim LaPlant, V-ALT Teacher (SDHS), Step B-16+
12. Haley LaRochelle, Music Teacher (SDHS), Step B-2
C. Consideration of approval for Nomination of Teacher: Anna Ramgren, Grade 7 Teacher Science (SDMHS), Step B-1
D. Consideration of approval for Transfer: Deanna Buck, Grade 1 Teacher to Kindergarten Teacher (SES) Step B-6
E. Consideration of approval for Policies: (Second Reading)
• Policy BCB: Board Member Conflict of Interest
• Policy BCC: Nepotism
• Policy BE: School Board Meetings
• Policy BEB: Board Member Use of Social Media
• Policy BEDA: Notification of Board Meetings
• Policy BEDC: Quorum
• Policy BEDD: Rules of Order
• Policy BEDFA: Abstentions
• Policy BEDG: Minutes
• Policy BEDH: Public Comment/Participation at Board Meetings
• Policy BEDI: Board Relations with Media/Public
• Policy BGB: Policy Adoption Procedure
• Policy BHC: Board Relationships and Communications with Staff
• Policy BIC: Board Member Freedom of Access Training
• Policy KDA: Public Information Program
• Policy KDD: Media Releases
F. Update on Budget Hearing Procedures and Warrant Signings
G. Consideration of the Budget Referendum Warrant Articles and signing of the Warrants.
13. DATE, TIME AND LOCATION FOR NEXT BOARD MEETING
Lobster Lady celebrates 103rd...
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office: Five...
Arrest warrants lead to barricades,...
Graduation week for Camden Hills...
Owls Head FD sees three single-...
Scenes from The Rockport Donut...
Waldo County Sheriff’s beat
Lucy E. Goulet, obituary
Karen J. Sprowl, obituary
Dalton J. Cross, obituary