Agenda set for RSU 20 board meeting March 15
SEARSPORT — The agenda for the next Regional School Unit 20 school board meeting has been set.
The meeting will be held Tuesday, March 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the SDMHS cafetorium.
Livestreaming will be available.
1. CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
2. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
3. ACTION: TO ACCEPT THE BOARD MEETING AGENDA
5. CONSIDERATION OF MINUTES
A. Special Board Meeting of March 1
B. Regular Board Meeting of February 8
6. CONSENT AGENDA (Minutes)
A. Policy Committee Meeting Minutes for February 7
B. Policy Committee Meeting Minutes for February 28
A. AfterSchool Programs
8. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
9. REPORT FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT
• Introduction of 2022-2023 RSU 20 Budget
10. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. Policy Committee
B. Finance Committee
1. Discussion on Disposition of Old Laptops
11. OLD BUSINESS
A. Consideration of 2021-2022 CDC/DOE Covid related Guidelines as of March 15
12. NEW BUSINESS
A. Second Reading of the Proposed 2022-2023 School Calendar
B. Consideration of approval of the following Support Staff nominations:
• Terri Hallowell – SpEd Ed Tech III (Stepping Stones) SES
• Dionne Haase – SpEd Ed Tech III (Resource Room) SDMS
C. Consideration of approval of the following spring coaches for Middle School and High School:
1. John Frye, Head Coach-HS Baseball
2. Christin Obrey, Head Coach-HS Softball
3. Mike Vasiliauskas, Head Coach-HS Track
4. Jeff Golder, Middle School Track
5. Clae Seekins, MS Softball Coach
6. MS Baseball Coach - TBA
a. Baseball-Melvin Grant, Otis Kneeland, RJ Robertson and Brock Frye
b. Softball-Sharon Keach and Greg Keach
c. HS Track- Mary Vasiliauskas, Jeff Golder and Betsy Bradley
d. MS Track-Mike Vasiliauskas
D. Consideration of Request to DOE for waiver from 175 student days to 174 student days
E. Second Reading of “A” Policies:
• Policy AA: School District Legal Status
• Policy AB: The People and Their Regional School Unit
• Policy AC: Non-discrimination/Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
• Policy ACAB: Harassment and Sexual Harassment of School Employees
• Policy ACAB-R: Employee Discrimination/Harassment Complaint Procedure
• Policy ACAD: Hazing
• Policy AD: Educational Philosophy/Mission
• Policy ADA: School District Goals and Objectives
• Policy ADC: Tobacco and Nicotine Free Schools
• Policy AE: Commitment to Accomplishment
F. Consideration of Field Trip Request to Camp Kieve, April 29 to May 1
13. DATE, TIME AND LOCATION FOR NEXT BOARD MEETING
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office: Five...
Morning commute at Rockland...
State suspends license of Friendship...
Knox County Criminal Docket closed...
Maine Warden and K9 Storm find...
Waldo County grand jury indictments
Adjustments to the Camden Memorial...
Jacob Sanderson Aitken, obituary
Daniel R. Reed Jr., obituary
Christine R. Savage, obituary