SEARSPORT — The agenda for the next Regional School Unit 20 school board meeting Wednesday, June 9 has been set.
The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. both virtually and in-person at the SDMHS cafetorium.
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Agenda adjustments
3. Action: Accept agenda
5. Consideration of minutes
a. Regular board meeting of May 11
6. Consent Agenda (minutes)
a. Finance committee meeting of May 11
8. Public participation
9. Report from superintendent
10. Committee reports
a. Finance committee
11. Old Business
12. New Business
a. First Reading of Policies JL and JL-R
b. Consideration of approval for the Superintendent of Schools to hire professional staff during June, July and August
c. Consideration of approval of the following appointment/nomination:
1. Mary Ellen McAlister, First Year Probationary Contract, Special Education Teacher/Day Treatment - RISE (SDMS), Step B-6
d. Consideration of approval of the following one year contract extensions:
1. Annie McHatten, SPED Admin. Asst. to 6/30/22
2. Paula Rideout, Bookkeeper to 6/30/22
3. Jayne Bowler, Admin. Asst. to 6/30/22
e. Consideration of opting out of LD 577 “An Act to Increase Access to Nutritious Foods in Schools by Implementing an After-School Food Program for At-Risk Students” for the 2020-2021 school year.
f. Consideration of the FY20 annual audit.
g. Accept the results of the June 8 budget referendum
h. Approve town assessment warrants and installment schedules
13. Date, Time and Location for next board meeting