Agenda set for RSU 20 board meeting: FBLA club status, teacher contracts
SEARSPORT — The agenda for the next Regional School Unit 20 school board meeting Tuesday, May 11 has been set.
The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the SDMHS cafetorium.
1. Call to order
2. Adjustments to agenda
3. Action: Accept agenda
5. Consideration of Minutes
a. Regular board meeting - April 13
b. Special board meeting - May 6
6. Consent agenda (Minutes)
a. Finance committee minutes - April 13
a. Deb Middleswart - Alumni Presentation
8. Public Participation
9. Report from Superintendent
10. Committee Reports
a. Finance Committee
11. Old Business
12. New Business
a. Consideration of approval of Class of 2021 senior trip, overnight June 13-14 in Portland
b. Consideration of approval for Future Business Leaders of America to go from club status to co-curricular activity
c. Teachers to get a continuing contract
1. Nicole Foster, SPED Teacher
2. Rachele Hartley, Guidance Teacher
3. Philip Kratzman, Social Studies Teacher
4. Jennifer Rich, Math Teacher
5. Andrea Staples, Teacher/Librarian
d. Teachers to get a third year probationary contract
1. Christin Chase, SPED teacher (SES)
2. Melissa Hebert, Grade 4 teacher (SES)
3. Pam Lane, SPED teacher Grade 5 (SES)
4. Lynn Redman, Technology Integrator (K-5)
e. Teachers to get a second year probationary contract
1. Alison Bangerter, ELA teacher (SDMS)
2. Deanna Buck, Grade 1 teacher (SES)
3. Jesse Gorden, SPED teacher (SDHS)
4. Rachel Johnson, alt. ed teacher (SDHS)
5. Lora Lindyberg, math teacher (SDHS)
6. Laura Lyons, half-time art teacher (SES)
7. Rachel Valaitis, SPED teacher, day treatment, life skills (SDHS)
f. Consideration of approval of the following nomination
1. Craig Jacobs, First year probationary contract, Grade 3 teacher (SES)
g. Consideration of approval of the following nomination
1. Cathy Estabrook, First year probationary contract, Grade 2 teacher (SES)
h. Consideration of approval of the following nomination
1. Norman Brimer, First year probationary contract, science teacher (SDHS)
i. Update on budget hearing procedures and warrant signings
j. consideration of the budget referendum warrant articles and signing of the warrants
13. Date, time and location for next board meeting
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office: Five...
Morning commute at Rockland...
State suspends license of Friendship...
Knox County Criminal Docket closed...
Maine Warden and K9 Storm find...
Waldo County grand jury indictments
Adjustments to the Camden Memorial...
Jacob Sanderson Aitken, obituary
Daniel R. Reed Jr., obituary
Christine R. Savage, obituary