ROCKPORT — Plans for a new parking lot to be constructed off of Main Street in Rockport Village will come before the Select Board Monday evening, at a regularly scheduled meeting. Engineering for the lot, of which there are two design — one with 17 spaces, the other, 28 spaces — was completed by Gartley and Dorsky Engineers, of Rockport, and funded through a Shore and Harbor grant received by the town.
The meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. and will be streamed at https://livestream.com/Rockportmaine. See below for the full agenda.
The new lot is sited on the east side of the harbor, on a hill, and next to the existing wastewater pump station. Drawings indicate the lot would be accessed via the same driveway that the wastewater engineers now use.
Design work includes retaining the existing path that runs from Main Street down to the harbor. That path was engineered and built by Eagle Scout Miles Ingraham in 2009.
The cost for the engineering work and bid administration is $10,500 with an estimate and recommendation for geotechnical services in the amount of $6,500 for a total of $17,000, according to Town Manager William Post, in a memo to the board. (See attached PDF for complete meeting informational packet)
“Funding for this additional design and engineering work can be allocated rom the Public Works budget and/or the Downtown TIF account,” Post wrote.
- PUBLIC MEETING -
Rockport Select Board
Monday, September 28, 2020 – 5:30 p.m. Streamed at https://livestream.com/Rockportmaine
Note: Workshop with Terry DeWan, Land Use Planner w/ RES Redvelopment Task Force invited to begin at 5:30.
- Call Meeting to Order
- Select Board Statement Regarding the Erroneous School Assessment Allocation
- Town Manager’s Report/Update
- Public Input on Non-agenda Items
- Public comment should be directed at issues not under discussion on this evening’s agenda. Comment from the public will be welcome at the direction of the Chair for each agenda item. Further comment will be granted only by permission from the Board. All public comment should be brief and to the point.
- Amendments to the Agenda
- Consent Agenda
a. Meeting Minute(s):
➢ September 22, 2020 Special Meeting
b. Committee Resignation(s):
- ➢ Chris Christie - Recreation Committee
- ➢ Paul Charbonneau – Comprehensive Plan
VII. Action Items
- Act on Committee Application(s):
- ➢ Carter Skemp – Planning Board Alternate
- ➢ Mark Haley, Planning Board Alternate to Regular Member
- ➢ Jeff Runge – Conservation Commission Associate Member
- ➢ Mark Haley - ORC as Planning Board Representative
- ➢ David Pio – Economic Development Committee
- Act on Acceptance of Criminal Forfeiture of Assets
- Act on Donation from Seaview Cemetery Association for Columbarium Fund
- Review Parking Lot Concept and Act on Engineering Proposal
VIII. Discussion Items
a. Discuss Goal Setting Workshop
- Select Board Liaison Reports
1 Select Board Agenda September 28, 2020
Future Meetings, Office Closures, Etc.
➢ Tuesday, October 13, 2020 – Select Board Meeting
➢ Monday, October 26, 2020 – Select Board Meeting
➢ Tuesday, November 3, 2020 – Election Day, Town Office Closed
➢ Monday, November 9, 2020 – Select Board Meeting
➢ Wednesday, November 11, 2020 – Town Offices Closed for Veterans’ Day
Reach Editorial Director Lynda Clancy at email@example.com; 207-706-6657