Skin Barrier 101
Your skin barrier is the outermost layer of your skin that acts as a shield protecting your skin from external stressors.
- Have a balance of hydration and moisture; your skin needs both water and oil to maintain a healthy barrier.
- Reach for products with barrier-supporting ingredients such as essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and hyaluronic acid.
- Introduce products, especially actives and concentrates, slowly as to not cause a damaging reaction.
- Don’t over exfoliate or overwhelm your skin with acids and actives that can throw off your skin’s pH levels.
- Don’t pick at your skin, especially pimples. This releases bacteria to the skin's surface and can be damaging to the skin barrier.
- Don’t forget your SPF! SPF protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays that damage your skin.
If you have any skincare needs or questions, you can find Skin by Skyler located at Midcoast Beauty & Wellness Suites, Wiscasset, ME. She offers facials, makeup, tinting, waxing services and more!
Book online at skinbyskyler.com or visit her instagram @skinbyskyler_
Call or text (609) 954 - 3333 for more information
Skin by Skyler — 681 Bath Rd, Wiscasset, ME