Snow Bowl Chairlift Rides in October
Event has passed
PANCAKES and CHAIRLIFT RIDES
SUNDAYS, OCT. 3-10-17-24-31
and Saturday, Oct. 9
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sundays in October
8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
The nights will be getting cooler and that means CHAIRLIFT RIDES for leaf peeping are coming up on Sundays in October, plus one Saturday during the holiday weekend. Chairlift rides are $10, children ages 5 and under are free.
During each of the Sundays, Ragged Mountain Ski Club will again be serving PANCAKES. Suggested donation is $5 per person. All proceeds go to Ragged Mountain Ski Club, which supports 4th Grade Learn to Ski, Lids for Kids, scholarships, programming at the Camden Snow Bowl and more. RMSC's goal is to help make skiing and snowboarding available and affordable to all local kids.
Become a Ragged Mountain Ski Club member and buy Snow Bowl season passes at discounted early bird rates on these Sundays.
CHAIRLIFT RIDE TIPS AND INFORMATION
- Lift speed is slower than winter operation but you still need good balance and motor skills to access, load and exit the moving chairlift.
- Passengers must exit the chairlift at the top. To ride down, passengers must load again at the top.
- Be familiar with the lift operation and be safety conscious. You will be several feet and higher, at points, above the ground, and if you are sensitive to heights, you may be uncomfortable riding the chairlift. You can only get off at the top of the lift.
- Wear sturdy shoes that provide support, traction and adequate protection; no bare feet. Platform shoes and high heels are discouraged.
- Children, especially, should sit as far back in the chair as possible.
- Infants and children may not be left in backpacks while riding the chairlift.
- You are responsible for the safety of yourself and your children.
- Remove backpacks and purses before loading and hold items on the chair seat or in your lap. If you drop something, you have to hike up the access road to retrieve it.
- There are no restraint straps or belts on the chairlift. The safety bar must be lowered for the entire ride until instructed to raise it at the top.
- No alcohol, dogs or bicycles on the chairlift.
- Anyone appearing under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to ride the chairlift.
- Mountain conditions can change quickly and appropriate clothing is strongly encouraged. Impending lightning requires that we stop loading, and run the chairlift only long enough to unload everyone still on the lift. High winds and rain may also prompt suspension or closure of the chairlift.
- Lift speed: 180-feet/minute, approx. 2 mph
- Ride time: approx. 22 minutes one way
The Camden Snow Bowl is a community ski area and four-season recreation facility owned and operation by the Town of Camden Parks and Recreation Department. The Snow Bowl winter operation contributes $3.5 million annually to the region's economy by attracting more than 30,000 skier visits and providing more than 60 jobs. The Snow Bowl also annually provides free and reduced-priced skiing and programming to more than 500 area youth.
During the summer, the Snow Bowl hosts an 11-week Summer Recreation Day Camp for children between second and sixth grades. The venue is a popular, affordable location for a variety of recreation and fundraising events, and offers rental space inside the lodge, on the covered deck and surrounding grounds for weddings, family and class reunions, birthday celebrations, anniversary parties, business meetings, professional development workshops, memorial services, fundraisers, and other gatherings.