Agenda set for RSU 71 board meeting June 14
BELFAST — The agenda for the next Regional School Unit 71 school board meeting Monday, June 14 has been set.
The meeting will be held virtually over Zoom (https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aegRRDihQKChqsyQqpQG0Q) at 5:30 p.m.
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
II. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
III. CONSIDERATION OF MINUTES
3.1 Minutes from Regular Board Meeting - May 24 (vote)
IV. COMMITTEE REPORTS
4.1 Long Range Planning Committee
4.2 Finance Committee
4.3 Policy Committee
V. CONSENT AGENDA FOR COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES (vote)
5.1 Long Range Planning Committee - April 26, 2021
5.2 Policy Committee - May 17, 2021
VI. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
VII. CERTIFY THE RESULTS OF THE JUNE 8 BUDGET VALIDATION REFERENDUM (vote)
VIII. RSU 71 MOMENT
8.1 Egg Drop at Nickerson - E. Wakem
IX. BOARD ITEMS
9.1 Wellness Report - L. Miller (information)
9.2 2021-2022 Green, Yellow, Red 100% in Person or Some Remote (discussion)
9.3 Development of RSU 71 Long-Range Strategic Plan
1. Proposal (vote)
2. Background Information
a. Judy Sanders - Proposal
b. Strategic Planning & Vision Clients
c. About Judy Sanders
d. Getting Ready For A Future Search
e. Future Search in a Nutshell
f. Final Revision Cape E FS Agenda
g. Cape E What Happens After The FS?
h. World Cafe Agenda RSU 56
i. World Cafe Handout What If?
j. Auburn MA Strategic Plan
k. Leicester Strategic Plan
l. Cape Future Search Exec Summary
m. District Goals CESD
9.4 Policies - Second Reading
● IA Instructional Goals and Objectives (vote)
● IHBA Individualized Education Programs (vote)
● IHBAA Referral and General Education Interventions (vote)
● IHBAA-R Referral Procedures and General Education Interventions (vote)
● JICA Student Dress (vote)
9.5 Policies - First Reading
● IHBAC Child Find (vote)
● IHBAL Grievance Procedure for Persons With Disabilities (vote)
● IHBC Student Intervention Team (vote)
● IHBC-R Student Intervention Team Procedures (vote)
● IHBF Tutoring Services (vote)
● IHBG Home Schooling (vote)
● IHBG-R Home Schooling Procedures (vote)
● IHBGA Home Schooling - Participation in School Programs (vote)
9.6 2021-2022 Administrators (vote)
● Lori Smail, Elementary Principal, Ames and Weymouth Schools
● Elizabeth Wakem, Elementary Principal, East Belfast and Nickerson Schools
● Glen Widmer, Principal, Captain Albert Stevens School
● Ashley Reynolds, Assistant Principal, Captain Albert Stevens School
● Bruce Bailey, Principal, Troy Howard Middle School
● Alta Seekins, Assistant Principal, Troy Howard Middle School
● Jeff Lovejoy, Principal, Belfast Area High School
● Matt Battani, Assistant Principal/Athletic Director, Belfast Area High School
● David Fournier, RSU 71 Director of Technology
● Darrell Gilman, RSU 71 Director of Adult Education
● Perley Martin, RSU 71 Director of Food Service
● John O’Neill, RSU 71 Director of Maintenance
● Gerry French, RSU 71 Director of Transportation
9.7 Nominations, Appointments, Retirements, Resignations
○ Molly Grendell, Secretary, Ames Elementary
○ Matthew Doak, Sped Ed Tech III, THMS
○ Kristy Clements, Sped Ed Tech III, CASS
○ Erika Bates, School Nurse, East Belfast/Nickerson
○ Dennis Nardone, Math THMS
○ Sandy Thomas, Payroll Specialist, Central Office
X. EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING TEACHER CONTRACT PURSUANT TO 1 MRSA 405 (6)(D)
XI. TEACHER CONTRACT (vote)
XII. EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSING ESP LABOR CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS PURSUANT TO 1 MRSA 405 (6)(D)
XIII. NORM KEEPER REPORT
UPDATED: Route 1 Warren traffic back...
Waldo County grand jury indictments
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office:...
Probation revocation arrest warrant...
Waldo County grand jury indicts...
UPDATE: Montville man escapes police...
Boothbay Harbor lobster boat parade...
Knox County Criminal Docket closed...
Waldo County divorces
UPDATE Maine Marine Patrol identifies...