ROCKLAND — The Regional School Unit 13 school board has established its agenda for its regularly scheduled Tuesday, Aug. 11 meeting.
The meeting is slated to begin at 6 p.m. with an executive session, followed by the open meeting at 6:30 p.m.
The highlights of the meeting will be a vote on the district’s reopening and operation plan amid COVID-19, and the ratification of a Memorandum of Understanding between the school board and the Seacoast Educators Association, the educational union for RSU 13 staffers.
The meeting will be available on vimeo.com/427078290 and youtube.com/channel/UC_v3ntD0jDgZ4DDIAvaDHog.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – 6:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Declaration of a Quorum
4. Executive Session
A. To enter Executive Session to discuss negotiations pursuant to 1 MRSA 405(6)(D)
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING – 6:30 P.M.
5. Pledge of Allegiance
6. Adjustments to the Agenda
7. Public Participation: Comments should be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes of the meetings of June 4, June 10, June 25, July 16, and July 23, 2020
9. Business Items
A. To ratify a Memorandum of Understanding between the Seacoast Educators Association and the RSU 13 Board of Directors
B. To acknowledge the appointment of:
1) Peter Yanz, Resource Room Teacher, Oceanside High School
2) Bud Perkins, North Star Program, Oceanside High School
3) Shannon Cheviot, Special Ed Case Manager, Oceanside High School
4) Tracy Smith, School Nurse, Oceanside Middle School
5) Michaela Wright, Grade 2 Teacher, South School
6) Paula Weinstein, Pre-K ISP Teacher, South School
7) Rachel Waldron, Grade 3 Teacher, Ash Point Community School
C. To accept the resignation of:
1) Scott Browning, Student Support Coordinator, Oceanside High School, effective August 31, 2020
2) Kristina Moro, Grade 5, Cushing Community School, effective August 31, 2020
3) Alex Fayvil, Social Studies Teacher, Oceanside High School, effective August 31, 2020
D. Approval of RSU 13 School Re-opening and Operation Plan
A. Report of the Superintendent
B. Report of the Business Manager
C. Report of the Board Chair