ROCKPORT — Mid-Coast Solid Waste Corp., in Rockport, sent out the following notice, in light of COVID-19 changes to the transfer station practices:
Out of an abundance of caution due to concerns over the Coronavirus pandemic, Mid-Coast Solid Waste is suspending some transfer station services for what we are hoping will only be for a limited time. We anticipate the normal hours of operation Tuesday - Saturday 8am to 4pm, to continue. Here is a rundown of changes that are being implemented effective Tuesday, March 24 2020 until further notice:
We are stopping the recycling program (all except cardboard) next Tuesday.
• Other services such as Landfill / Brush area remain open
- ALL yellow trash bags must be securely tied closed – no open bags.
- ONLY Corrugated Cardboard may be placed in recycling bins on site.
- We ask that residents place your broken-down corrugated cardboard in the designated recycling bin, dump your trash and proceed directly out of the facility.
- There will be no community bottle donations allowed on site at this time.
- ScrapDogs Composting Services are suspended until further notice.
- Please follow the instructions provided by our employees.
- Drive with care and cooperate with any temporary traffic patterns and signage.
We are working toward adhering to CDC guidelines while making every effort to protect the general public and our employees’. MCSWC expects these stated changes to be temporary, thank you for assistance! Updates will be posted on our website at www.midcoastsolidwaste.org and on our Facebook Page under Mid-Coast Solid Waste Corporation. Any questions please call us at 236-7958 or 236-2467.