ROCKPORT — “May flowers are going strong and so is adult ed!” said Five Town CSD Adult and Community Education, in a news release.
There are many more classes begin in May and beyond, both live and remote classes with many one-night offerings. Medical Assistant and CNA classes continue to be offered throughout the year, as well as more than 25 business and workforce certificate training options.
A new grant has become available for adults who wish to pursue one of the following short-term certificate pathways.
Call Adult Ed to see if you qualify. Courses which qualify are:
- Medical Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Home Health Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
Visit https://fivetowns.coursestorm.com/category/business-workforce for a full listing of business and workforce classes.
Highlights for May include:
- Food Fats and Oils as Healthy Choices - On 5/3, in person
- Spanish, continuing - Begins 5/3, in person
- Creating an Online Presence to Grow Your Business - Begins 5/4, remote
- Digital Photography - Begins 5/5, remote
- Mushrooms, Edible and Medicinal - on 5/5, remote
- Pickleball, Learn to Play - Begins 5/5, in person
- Money Management 101 - Begins 5/6, remote
- Save Time & Money with an Easy Computer Tune Up - On 5/9, remote
- Experimental Drawing - Begins 5/12, remote
- Medicare 101 - On 5/17, remote
- History of Malaga Island, Maine - On 5/18, remote
- Write Your Own Obituary - on 5/18, in person
- Farming with Natives - On 5/19, remote
- Chaga Facts - On 5/12, remote
- Unexplainable Experiences - on 5/25, remote
“The full semester features classes through the end of August, so if you received a brochure in the mail hang onto it,” said Five Towns.
All in-person classes follow state guidelines for Covid-19 protocols including social distancing, required mask-wearing, and health checks for all participants and instructors before class.
In addition, the department offers hundreds of online classes, many workforce classes, HiSET (high school diploma) tutoring and College Transitions tutoring and advising, with most meetings done remotely. Information on these and many more classes are available in our brochure and at fivetowns.maineadulted.org.
For more information or a copy of Five Towns’ brochure, call 236-7800, option 5.