Plein Air Painting Retreat with Sandy Harper
Newagen Seaside Inn is pleased to host a series of one-day Plein air oil painting retreats
conducted by Maine artist, Sandy Harper. For over thirty years the beauty of Maine has inspired Sandy to paint its seascapes, coastal villages, lighthouses, and inland landscapes.
Recognized for her masterful Maine seascapes and landscapes Sandy’s paintings are rendered in a realistic style reflecting her deep appreciation of the light, shapes and colors found in nature. As a result of much time spent in the mid-coast area, Newagen, Southport Island, Boothbay Harbor and its environments are frequently featured in her work.
July 1st, 2019
September 30th, 2019
Newagen Seaside Inn
- Lectures/instruction to the group and individually
- Demonstrations on Plein air painting techniques
- One-on-one attention to each student
- End-of-day art critiques of the work
- Oceanview accommodations with breakfast
- Lunch and afternoon snack
Students/participants must bring:
- Supplies: paint, brushes, canvas or panels, solvents, paper, pencils, rags, paper towels, etc.
- Easel, stool/chair
- Tip sheet will be provided to students on Plein air painting – 6 weeks prior to retreat
- Recommended supply list provided – 6 weeks prior to retreat
- 9-10am – Greeting, lecture/demo
- 10am-12pm – Painting
- 12-1pm – Lunch
- 1-3pm – Painting
- 3-4pm – Critique and wrap up
Retreat including accommodations:
- 1 person – $325 (1 night / double occupancy in a Classic or Double Room, includes day workshop for 1 person)
- 2 people – $475 (1 night / double occupancy in a Classic or Double Room includes day workshop for 2 people)
- 1 person – $289 (1 night / double occupancy in a Classic or Double Room, includes day workshop for 1 person)
- 2 people – $439 (1 night / double occupancy in a Classic or Double Room, includes day workshop for 2 people)
Day workshop only:
- $150 (per person for workshop from 9am-4pm)
Call to reserve your spot in the day workshop only – 207 633 5242.
For more info regarding the retreat, accommodations, or pricing follow the link to our website for more information http://bit.ly/PleinAirNSI.