Learning Pods, Tutors, Schoolwork Monitors
With schools starting up again in just a couple weeks, many families and communities are facing the uncertainty of what school will look like this year. NPR released a fabulous article outlining what to look for in your school’s reopening plan that sparked a lot of questions when it comes to what school will look like this fall: if school resumes in-house, what will the school do to prevent Covid-19 from spreading? If we return to remote learning, how will we hold students accountable for their work and ensure they are actively learning what they need? What other options are there? Never fear, The Study Hall is here!
The Study Hall is a tutoring/SAT prep service with locations in Manchester, Scarborough, and Rockport, Maine. We take pride in our tutors who offer exceptional support services for whatever your needs are, and this year will be no different. We will continue to offer our traditional services, but we are also looking into adding some new opportunities to help support families and schools in our communities. How are we going to do that, you ask? Well, there are quite a few ways!
- Tutors We have educational experts on hand to provide support for your student if you decide to return to public school this fall. Our tutors work to revisit subject matter, assist with current material from the school, and provide additional learning for current or upcoming subject matter. We can work in person or online--whichever works best for you!
- Content Teachers We also have private tutors that can provide 1-on-1 content specific education to help supplement homeschooling/remote learning classes. This service can be utilized in many ways depending on what your specific need is. If you are looking for a math teacher that understands the 8th grade standards and is capable of explicitly teaching it, we can do that! If you are planning on homeschooling but are not sure the best way to help your child learn to read, let us take over for you!
- Learning Pods We put together learning pods that adhere to the CDC guidelines to provide a safe and student-focused learning environment during this pandemic. Many families are looking to form “learning pods” which would take the place of traditional education. (Read this article for more information on what learning pods are). We have teachers on hand who are ready to take on the role of pod teachers. In fact, The Study Hall is working to create pods for K-8 Literacy and Math education, so you don’t have to go through the trouble of forming a learning pod on your own.
- Homeschool Portfolio Review If you decide to homeschool your child, they will need an annual assessment (such as a portfolio) to be reviewed by a certified teacher in order to get homeschooling credits. The Study Hall has certified teachers ready to not only review your portfolio/annual assessment, but also help you put together a portfolio at the beginning of the year and check in throughout the school year to make sure your child is meeting the necessary requirements to get the credits. If you choose to utilize one of our services to help with homeschooling, we will even provide a portfolio for the work your child has done with us.
- Online Learning Coaches Remote learning is also an option which schools utilized at the beginning of the pandemic, but in most cases it seemed inadequate when it came to organization and work completion. While some students found that online learning worked well for them, and it allowed them to move through content at their own pace, others struggled with self motivation and schoolwork completion. The Study Hall has a solution for those students as well called Online Learning Coaches which will set up your child with a Classwork Monitor who will monitor assigned work and check in daily to make sure your child is on track and learning the organizational skills necessary to succeed.
These services may be subject to change based on availability and ongoing school uncertainties, but this is only what we have planned so far! We need your help to develop services that address specific concerns in the community. We put together a survey to find out what we can do to best help you and your family and create stable and consistent education for your child in uncertain times. The survey is only 3-minutes, but it will help us create services that have life-long benefits.We pride ourselves in finding a solution for everyone that reaches out to us. Sometimes that means we create a completely customized program for a unique situation. Sometimes we simply find an outside solution. No matter what, The Study Hall is here to help! If you have any questions or concerns about what The Study Hall can do for you, please reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (207-236-3949). For more information, please visit us at TheStudyHall.com.