THE BIG ROCKLAND CHILL!
Join us for a new Winter Fest!
Taking place in the Oak Street Alley in Rockland and at the Strand, THE BIG ROCKLAND CHILL is a chance for the community to get outside and enjoy some winter fun together! Join us for these FREE activities, starting at 1pm:
Outdoors at the Oak Street Alley (tentative schedule):
- 1-5pm: S’mores Station, Character appearances (Yeti, Teddy), and Giant Snowflake making session culminating in the World’s Longest Snowflake Kickline!
- 1:30pm: "Froga" (frozen yoga) hosted by Earth Flow + Fire
- 2-3pm: Restorative Justice Project’s community-building circle around the bonfire
- 2-4pm: Activities: Kim Bernard’s colorful ice block building; other activities will be hosted by RSU13 Youth Alliance, Cafe Miranda, The Landing Place, and Maine Sport Outfitters
- 3pm: Winter Fashion Pet Parade -- All pets are welcome to strut their stuff, showing off their finest winter-wear! Prizes for best costume. No registration required. Parade meet up at Oak Street and Union.
- 3:15-4pm: Live steel pan performance by Planet Pan, with audience participation
- 4-5pm: Yeti Disco Party
In the Theater
- 1-5pm: The theater will be open for bathrooms, concessions, and as a place to pop in and get warm!
- 1-2:15pm: ROCKLAND: A MARITIME HERITAGE (Free Admission)
- 2:30-5pm: Winter movie short films (family friendly) (Free Admission)
- 6-7:30pm: ABOMINABLE (Free Admission)
- 8-10pm: THE SHINING (Regular ticket pricing)