Nomination papers for committee and board seats now available in Lincolnville
493 Hope RoadqLincolnville Maine 04849United States
LINCOLNVILLE — Nomination papers are available beginning today, March 20, for nine Lincolnville board and committee positions, ranging from the Board of Selectmen to both school committees and the budget committee.
In June, the terms of two seats on the Lincolnville Board of Selectmen (also Board of Assessors and Overseers of the Poor) held by Rosendel "Rosey" Gerry and Arthur Durity, expire. Also in June, Rebecca Stephens' and Michael Johnson's seats on the Lincolnville Central School Committee are expiring and there is a one-year term vacancy on the CSD School Committee.
On the town's budget committee, seats held by C. Edward O'Brien, Rick McLaughlin, Garry Schwall and Alexander Kuli expire in June, leaving three three-year positions open and one one-year position open.
Nomination papers for the Tuesday, June 13, election of the Municipal Officers are available at the Lincolnville Town Office at 493 Hope Road, and must be returned to the Town Office by no later than 5 p.m. on May 1.
Officially, nominations for the following offices are sought:
- Board of Selectmen/Assessor/Overseer of the Poor – Two positions for three year terms
- Lincolnville Central School Committee – Two positions for three year terms
- Five Town CSD School Committee – One position for a one year term
- Budget Committee – Three positions for three year terms
- Budget Committee – One position for a one year term
Nomination papers must be signed by not less than 25, and not more than 100 individuals who are registered to vote in Lincolnville.